iMethods is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer (.Net Developer) for a full time permanent position in Jacksonville, FL.
Summary of this Position:
· The Software Engineer is responsible for corporate software application design, development, implementation and modification.
· The scope of responsibility is to consult with business analysts and other project team members to analyze, design, develop, write, modify, implement, troubleshoot, debug and maintain corporate software applications.
· Interface with end users and support personnel.
· Provide recommendations for enhancement and improvements to software applications.
· Document custom software application data flow and logic.
· Perform upgrade and migration of software applications.
· Maintain knowledge of a variety of concepts, practices, languages and procedures within the field of Web application development.
· Continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Minimum Education Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science Degree
· Over 10 years’ experience in Information Technology
· Minimum of 8 years’ experience programming applications in an enterprise production environment.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
· Advanced knowledge of languages used in assigned area, such as ASP.NET, ADO.NET and/or Entity Framework, MVC, C#, Java Script, HTML, Stored Procedures, WCF / Web Services, .Net Remoting, Window Services.
· Practical knowledge of JQuery, multi-threading, XML, XSLT, XSD, Design Patterns, SQL Profiler, Team Foundation Server, .Net 1.0 – 5.0, AJAX
· User interface controls like ComponentOne or Telerik,
· Object frameworks like Spring, Windsor Castel, MS Enterprise Library, and COM.
· Ability to identify performance issues and make recommendations accordingly.
· Knowledge in Agile, RUP and/or Waterfall SDLCs.
· Ability to work autonomously on tasks or be a key member of a larger team on critical projects,
· Highly motivated, Self-Starter, Detail Oriented, able to clearly mentor junior developers on technical practices and theories, successfully complete projects on time and budget, ability to contribute to technical direction of teams, ability to effectively motivate others, ability to concisely communicate with project technical and business teams.
Knowledge and Skill Preferences but NOT required:
Some Essential Functions of this Position:
· Resolve production issues minimizing system down time, and ensure that the application software is operational during normal business hours. Pro-actively identify and correct software application errors.
· Develop, design, analyze, write, modify, implement, document, enhance and maintain corporate software applications and custom interface applications to third party vendors.
· Develop custom scripts and applications to better serve the end users’ needs and automate batch processes. Recommend improvements or work-around for end user needs
· Recommend enhancements for corporate software applications and custom programs.
· Maintain test environment that simulates production environment including a relatively current view of production data in the test database.
· Document the data flow and logic for custom applications, reports and interfaces.
· Provide concise internal program documentation for custom interface applications and reports.
· Participate in defining all files, libraries, programs and inter-system dependencies, along with the applications function.
· Research new technology and recommend improvements and changes to the current production environment based on efficiencies gained by new technology.
· Mentor and motivate junior developers on technical practices and theories.
· Lead development project of one or more team members.
· Provide accurate and concise project or technical details in writing and verbally.
· Participate and or create technical standards and evangelize them.
· Estimate development project efforts.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The incumbent(s) in this position should exhibit the following values:
· People Minded – Must show dignity and respect to all people
· Integrity – Must exemplify the highest degree of ethical behavior
· Results Oriented – Must show passion, pride and commitment to succeed
· Trust – Must be honest, sincere and confident
· Teamwork – Must build trusting relationships
· Innovation – Must progress through a combination of creativity, common sense and vision
· Balance – Must maintain an optimistic attitude and keep perspective on what is important in life
· Self-Motivator – Must be highly motivated