iMethods is currently seeking a full-time Network Engineer for a healthcare client in Florida. This position will require candidates be local, or commit to relocate to the Northeast Florida area, specifically St. Augustine.
NETWORK ENGINEER II
Department: Information Services
Responsible To: Network Operations Supervisor
Education/Training: CCNA Certification highly desirable, but not required. ASA firewall and WCS/NCS experience highly desired. High School Graduate or equivalent required. College degree with a strong emphasis in Computer Sciences highly desired.
Experience: This position will have high degree of understanding of computer concepts, be proficient in networking technologies including security, wireless, and data center architecture. The ability to communicate effectively and have successful interactions with individuals of various computer experiences is a must.
Skills & Abilities: This position requires the ability to work independently or in a group as necessary, be proficient in networking technologies including switching, routing, Cisco IOS, VLAN, VPN, WCS/NCS, ASA, ISR, PIX and have a strong understanding of wireless network concepts including RF interference and RTLS. A strong understanding of Data Center class architecture is highly desired. Being capable of working independently to solve Information Services problems is required. The position requires a basic working knowledge of the Clinical Systems within Information Services and a basic working knowledge of the Financial Systems within Information Services. This candidate should have strong initiative, be able to learn new skills and technologies quickly, and feel comfortable working within a fast-paced, multidiscipline, and highly collaborative environment.
Occupational Exposure: Category III = Job involves tasks or procedures that have no exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials during the performance of duties.
1. Design and implement Cisco configurations as needed, maintaining and monitoring the health and efficiency of the network infrastructure, review, plan, and evaluate networking systems, provide documentation/project tracking, assist in configuring VLAN schemes, setup ACL’s to appropriately secure traffic patterns, and assist in troubleshooting wireless and security technologies used both internal and external.
2. Provide support to Help Desk, Desktop support and Network Engineer I as needed.
3. Work with vendors as needed to improve and implement computer solutions to enhance all computerized activities. This should include but not be limited to new projects, system performance issues, security issues, access issues, etc.
4. Develop a project plan, manage resources and execute the plan. Support all other network infrastructure elements as needed.
5. Help manage and monitor structured cabling installations related to new and existing construction initiatives.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the responsibilities considered essential to the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in the job.
1. Demonstrates behavior and takes actions that consider the needs of the department and co-workers.
2. Works well in a team environment. This includes placing the overall needs of the team above personal preferences to accomplish work objectives.
3. Professional behavior is required at all times. This includes a consistently positive and helpful attitude and tone of voice toward patients, customers and co-workers.
4. Effective communication and listening skills are necessary.
5. The ability to handle stressful situations in a non-confrontational, problem solving manner is required.
6. The ability to work with difficult people and handle conflict constructively is essential.
1. Consistently strives to understand, anticipate, and meet the needs, expectations and satisfaction levels of patients and other “customers” and seeks feedback from others to help improve performance.
2. Errors, inefficiencies, and inaccuracies are brought to management’s attention with suggestions for improvement.
3. Develops innovative solutions to departmental problems.
4. Identifies and implements methods of controlling costs or generating revenue while providing maximum value to both the patient and the hospital.
5. Maximizes efficiency in all departmental operations and measures progress against quality goals.
1. Follows hospital and department safety rules.
2. Attends hospital safety programs and demonstrate safety awareness in the work place.
3. Reviews appropriate policy for exposure category I which involves significant exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue and radiation.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of the location for MSDS master file and hospital infections control policies and procedures.
DEVELOPING SELF AND OTHERS:
1. Attends training classes, seminars, and reads related materials to maintain and increase job knowledge and willingly shares skills and knowledge gained with co-workers.
2. Seeks feedback from others to help improve performance.
3. Maintains licensure &/or professional certification (where applicable).
4. Demonstrates willingness to learn other tasks to improve efficiency.
ATTENDANCE AND TIMELINESS:
1. Consistently reports to work every day when scheduled.
2. Arrives to work on time and works until the end of the scheduled shift or as directed by supervisor.
3. Leaves and returns from breaks promptly.
4. Uses accrued time off in an appropriate fashion.
5. Exhibits a willingness to work approved overtime and fill in on unscheduled shifts when needed.